A Big TDA: FFS Game Update!
If you’ve been keeping up to date with TDA: For Fork’s Sake dev blog, then you’ll know we’ve been at the mercy of Google Support for a number of weeks. I’m happy to say that as of yesterday, we’ve solved all major issues and are now prepping our Android Version for launch! We have a major update planned for sometime next week and the android will be coming out with it.
In the meantime, while we’ve been waiting for Google we’ve had plenty of time to polish aspects of the game and squash some annoying bugs. This lead to our biggest iOS update yet! For details, you can check out the update log, but here are the highlights:
- The Dragon is bigger, stronger, and shooting fireballs.
- Many of the spells have minor updates. One of them includes Ice Blast having a chance of freezing an enemy in place.
- We’ve smoothened out some of the weirder parts of the War Purse
- There’s a bit more of a delay at the start of the first wave, so people are less likely to be mobbed while the quests are still on screen.
- Various bug fixes and game balance issues
Even though the game is live in the app store, we’re still learning a ton about making games, what works and doesn’t, and what people like and don’t like. Discovering new things has been the most enjoyable part of this whole process, and next week we’ll continue to learn as we head to our first Game Development Show. Laurence (3d Artist), Shang (Lead Developer), Brandon (Developer) and I (Game Designer) will all be headed to Austin for Unity Unite 2017. This will be the first show outside of comics and advertising that Blind Ferret will attend, and we’re very excited about it! If you’re going to be at Unity Unite Austin ’17, we’d love to meet up with you.